Waiver. All participants must read and understand these conditions and agree to them in the entry form.
Declaration, Waiver and Indemnity.
This is to be read in conjunction with the entry form
In consideration of accepting this entry and allowing me to participate in the Mount Cooroora Endurance Challenge, I the undersigned (for myself, my heirs, executors and administrators) agree with, Antony Jennings (Event Organiser), that:
1. I waive, release and discharge the Event Organiser and each of his respective contractors, volunteers or agents involved in the Event from all claims or causes of action I may have (including for negligence) arising from any injury, loss or damage of any kind suffered by me including personal injury, illness or death and/or loss or damage to any property (in so far as this does not breach the provisions of the relevant Australian Consumer Law) arising either directly or indirectly out of my attendance at or participation in the Event.
2. I also waive, release and discharge the Queensland Government and Noosa Shire Council and each of their respective officers, employees, contractors, volunteers or agents involved in the Event from all claims or causes of action I or any person under my care may have (including for negligence) arising from any injury, loss or damage of any kind suffered by any person or property being carried, accompanied or in any like manner by me. This includes, but is not limited to children. (in so far as this does not breach the provisions of the relevant Australian Consumer Law)arising either directly or indirectly out of my or their attendance at or participation in the Event. I agree to take all necessary precautions and actions to ensure any child accompanying me is safe.
3. I indemnify and will keep indemnified the Organiser and each Event Sponsor against all costs, losses or damages arising from or in relation to my attendance at or participation in the Event including the attendance or participation of any person in my care.
4. I declare that I am physically fit and have trained sufficiently to participate in the Event and I am aware that the event course is a steep mountain track with loose stones, rocks, tree roots and stairs that can be slippery in many conditions. I am aware that the course is physically and physiologically demanding. I am aware that I will need to maintain a suitable energy and fluid intake and wear suitable clothing to protect myself from the environmental conditions that may eventuate on the day. This includes, and is not limited to, hot and cold temperatures, rain, wind, varying humidity and sun exposure.
5. I consent to the free use of my name and pictures of me in any broadcast, telecast and print by the Organiser and/or the Event Sponsors in relation to the Event.
6. I agree to adhere to all event rules and conditions. I understand that I must follow the approved course (endeavouring to give way to passing and descending participants) and obey all directions and instructions given by event officials.
7. I accept that I must wear the official event bib corresponding to the registration made in my name, and that the allotted number and sponsor’s name can be seen for the duration of the event.
9. I acknowledge that the Event organiser or his representative may remove me from the event area and/or exclude me from participation in the event (i) on medical, health and safety grounds (including to prevent possible harm or injury to myself or any other person), (ii) to prevent damage to any property, (iii) if my behaviour is inappropriate, offensive, or abusive.
10. I agree to obey and accept the Event rules and any other instructions (whether announced on the day or otherwise) and understand that failure to do so may result in my removal from the event, with no refund given.
12. I agree that should the Event be postponed till the following Sunday due to dangerous weather, dangerous track conditions or due to instruction by the Department of National Parks, Sport and Racing or if I do not participate in the Event for any reason, my entry fee will not be refunded and no liability will attach to the Organiser in relation to this. If the postponement date is still subject to said conditions the event will be rescheduled subject to discussion with registered participants. No refund shall be given in these circumstances. In the event that a person is unable to participate in the Event, a 50% refund of entry fee will be given if notice is given to the organiser 28 days prior to the event date. In the event that a person is unable to participate in the Event due to illness or injury, a 50% refund of entry fee will be given if notice is given by way of valid and date appropriate medical certificate issued by a medical doctor, to the event organiser up till the Friday prior to the event date. Should the duration of the event be cut short on the day due to dangerous conditions (flooding, high winds, fire, electrical storm, slip or other event), the event will either finish at that point or may be resumed when conditions are safe subject to the event organiser’s discretion.
13. I consent to receive and agree to pay for any medical treatment (including transport by ambulance) which is considered in the reasonable opinion of the Event medical officials to be advisable, before, during or after the Event.
14. I consent to the Organiser entering my personal details contained into a database which will be used for the administration of the event, including to SMS event information to me if I have provided a mobile phone number.
15. I attend and participate in the Event exclusively at my own risk and at all times I have the option of not participating in or withdrawing from the Event at any time.
17. Emergency contact name and phone number must be written on the space provided on my race bib and I agree that the Event organisers, or its medical representatives may contact that person and exchange my personal information with them in case of an emergency.
19. I hereby acknowledge that I have read, understood and accept these terms and conditions and agree to be bound by them in relation to my attendance at and participation in the Event.
20. By entering this event, you consent to your personal information being provided to Qrun for the purpose of registering you as a recreational running participant member. You further consent to receiving
information from Qrun via email including details about membership, other events, running news and special offers or promotions.
If you DO NOT consent to your personal information being provided to Qrun, or receiving information from Qrun, please tick the box on the hard copy waiver. Contact 0410111477.
This waiver is considered signed when you complete the registration process. A copy of this waiver is on the online registration form.
Waiver & Indemnity in respect of Minors:
*For children under the age of 18 years participating in the event, this section MUST be signed by a parent or guardian of the entrant. (please copy and forward to event director).
I, ....................................................................................... certify that I am the parent/guardian of
.............................................................................. (the Minor) who will be
.......................... years of age on the day of the Event. I confirm that the Minor has my consent to attend at and participate in the Event. In consideration of accepting the Minor’s application and allowing the Minor to participate in the Event, I hereby agree (for myself, my heirs, executors and administrators) with the Organiser, to give the same waiver, release, discharge and indemnity as set out in all clauses of this waiver in respect of the Minor and agree to be bound by them in relation to the Minor’s attendance at and participation in the Event.
Signature of Parent/Guardian